An Operations Engineer is needed for a major U.S. defense contractor and industrial corporation with core manufacturing concentrations in weapons and military and commercial electronics in the Houston TX area. The Operations Engineer is responsible for the build and test of Space Flight Hardware. Working with the program team and assigned Program Ops Manager (POM) this function effectively manages the manufacturing, testing, and delivery of the end product.
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $23.26 - 36.83 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
Additional Job Details:
- Support new program proposals by estimating Manufacturing Engineering tasks, tooling costs and support development of manufacturing plans.
- Establish touch labor cost targets on shop/lab activities as requested.
- Define tool and gage requirements.
- Ensure adequate tools and gages are available when needed in the process.
- Provide support to all activities during the fabrication of the initial unit (first article) of each specific design to resolve processing problems.
- Review and implement engineering changes to determine feasibility, producibility and delta labor impact.
- The development of a detailed build and test procedures for laboratory personnel.
- Providing program status reports to the customer and upper management
- Assisting Purchasing during negotiations of major subcontracted items.
- 10+ years of experience in Operations or in interfacing with Operations organization on a recurring basis.
- Experience in writing of build and test procedures for complex assemblies (preferably NASA/Space Industry)
- Experience evaluating and implementing technical specifications.
- Ability to work on tight schedules - to meet program plans/scheduled and budgets from Operations Working knowledge of SAP Knowledge of ACE and/or Lean is encouraged.
- strong computer skills specifically in using MS Project, and MS Office products. strong presentation skills both written and verbal required
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.