Great client is looking for a 2 year contractor that experience with helping to manager Construction projects for Pharmaceutical companies. This position will be home based with 50% travel to site loacations. Will participate on the Safety Council.
location: Sanford, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $75 - 90 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Looking for someone with strong Pharmaceutical Construction Safety Project experience
- Active member of the Global Capital Project Safety Leadership Team, this team has overall responsibility for safety on all US Capital Projects $50 million or more, providing direction and leadership to the project teams.
- Participate on the Capital Projects Safety council and have regular meeting / sharing of information with the team (suggest monthly)
- Drive the execution of the safety program from Conceptual Design thru Basis of Design, Detailed design, Commissioning and Operations
- Work with Project Leadership teams to mentor, coach and help them implement the new Capital Projects Visual Safety Standards program.
- Provide monthly project safety reports to the Capital Projects Leadership Team.
- Conduct customer facing talks, project audits, training and presentations.
- Conduct wrap-up audit findings meetings with the Project Leadership Team before leaving the site and ensure there is a mechanism in place to track to closure any outstanding action items stemming from the audit.
- Travel in the US to all our major capital projects on a monthly basis (approximately 50% of your work time will be travel) Typically we have 4-5 projects in execution over $50 Million at any given time.
- Be fully involved in all project serious incidents / near-miss investigations and ensure the Method 1: Five-why investigative tool is used to its full potential to get to true root cause.
- Become a certified Method 1 five why SME and trainer (an interactive interrogative technique used to explore cause-and-effect relationships underlying a particular problem) and conduct formal training with each Capital Project Construction Management Team member.
- Champion the Safety Behavioral Program and ensure the program is embedded in capital projects e.g. all noted safety behavioral trends are being reported back to the work-force and actionable items getting closed out in a timely manner.
Qualifications and Experience
- Third level degree in a safety or engineering discipline and a Graduate Safety Practitioner (GSP) / Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certified or an equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years' experience in relevant industry e.g. pharmaceutical, oil and gas capital projects industry.
- Have a strong safety program aptitude, experience and technical experience.
- Must be flexible, adaptable, resilient and open to change.
- Have good communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office software, especially on Word, Excel and Power-point.
- Must have Pharma Construction Safety Project experience
- The right candidate should have 7-10+ years of Commissioning Safety/Start-Up Program Management Experience
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Project Management
- Construction (8 years of experience is required)
- Pharmaceutical (3 years of experience is required)
- Capital Projects (4 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.