A Lab Technician is needed for an American social media conglomerate corporation in the Redmond, WA area. We're developing the future of virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR). As a lab technician in the display and optics team, you'll be hands on prototyping and testing next generation hardware.
location: Redmond, Washington
job type: Contract
salary: $24.00 - 37.72 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Lead lab / technician team for hardware prototype builds and related task queue
- Manage material inventory and enforce component IQC, IPQC, and OQC
- Hands on build of fixtures, components and assemblies
- Develop documentation in support of prototype builds, including manufacturing, test and quality control process documents
- Execution of development test plans and DOEs, including test / measurement of optical components
- Support reliability testing, and related data collection and performance analysis
- Document performance / issues and provide rapid feedback to process and design teams
- Support repeatability and reproducibility test plans to evaluate process capabilities and improvement workstreams
- Experience in assembly of optical components and associated tools/equipment
- Experience in lamination with optically clear Adhesive for display purposes.
- Experience with optical metrology testing
- Experience with lab & inventory management
- Experience with Prototype build and test methods and Equipment
- Proficient in Technical Writing and Documentation
- Experience with spectrometers, lensometers and wavefront sensors.
- Experience with machine vision camera build, test and use
- Single or multi axis fixtures and stages
- Experience with interferometric testing
- Experience in thermal characterization of plastics and adhesives
- Experience with CAD software, Solidworks Preferred
- Experience with EE Debug and assembly
- Experience with SQL, Python, Script Writing, Data Management SW, and Labview
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.