Manufacturer in the greater Detroit area is seeking a Logistics Analyst to join their growing team. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Engineering and at least 2 years of experience with route design/optimization. Automotive parts assembly experience highly preferred.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Detroit, Michigan
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 72,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Provide necessary support for the successful operation of transportation and launch of new company programs
- Plans, directs, and coordinates internal and external processes in the industrial plant
- Designs, improves, and prepares plans for new transportation route and its system.
- Develops and assists in the development of transportation-related SAP transactions.
- Prepares transportation budget and improvement plan.
- Models transportation scenarios
- Identifies saving opportunities through analyzing truck utilization and customer demands.
- Confers with carriers, supplier and 3PL to discuss plans, specifications, or schedules.
- Supervises the maintenance of transportation system.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering or related field.
- 2 year experience in route design and monitor transportation operation
- 2 year experience in route/shipment optimization
- Cost saving experience in route design and carrier bidding
- SAP module experience
- Automotive parts assembly experience preferred with 4 year experience in the assembly of modular
- component systems.
- Technical expertise and skill in designing and optimizing material flow processes.
- 4 years working in a JIT assembly environment.
- New product launch experience preferred.
- Knowledge of ergonomics and safety standards in the automotive industry
- SAP and MS Project are preferred.
- Multi-lingual capabilities a plus
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- SAP Applications (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.