Immediate opening for an internationally based Construction company that specializes in manufacturing/industrial builds. Located in Atlanta, GA the role does allow for relocation assistance. The General Manager of Administration requires current and relevant experience in large scale contruction projects. Bachelor's degree in engineering or law. Master's degree is preferrable. 10+ years of as a contract manager in industrial construction projects. Must have General Contractor experience.
location: Atlanta, Georgia
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 120,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Lead/conduct owner and subcontract negotiations; liaising effectively with procurement, internal stakeholders, vendors and legal counsel to ensure timely execution of agreements.
- Analyze contract change requests from subcontractors, preparation of authorization forms for Contract Amendments.
- Monitor milestone dates, contract compliance and the progress of contracts by interfacing with Construction, Engineering, and Design Departments, and prepare as necessary formal notifications when submittals or progress are out of compliance.
- Prepare official letters to contractors regarding contracts execution, prepares information for legal department for claims, follows up the register of claims, participate in negotiations with contractors about claims.
- Organize approval of subcontractors by project team, collecting required documents from subcontractors, following up the register of subcontractors.
- Monitor the provision bank guarantees, parent company guarantees by the contractors timely and in accordance with the contractual requirements.
- Assist BDS in preparing groundbreakings, topping outs, etc.
- Provide support to Engineering and Procurement Departments in the preparation of Request For Proposals, to ensure all company contractual requirements and specifications are included in accordance with company policies, and procedures;
- Responsible for risk management of the Company including but not limited to review of commercial liability policies, surety requirements, and corporate bonding capacity.
- Oversee and conduct all legal affairs, including but not limited to, construction, law, corporate law, litigation management (including, but not limited to, supervision of outside counsel and reasonable control of attorneys' fees), employment law (including, but not limited to, issues relevant to human resources administration, 401K and other benefits administration), corporate governance, contract law, all relevant business law matters, real estate sales, acquisitions and financing, relevant business entity formation and dissolution, partnership/joint venture/teaming matters, contract preparation, review negotiation, review, documentation and closing of transactions, infrastructure project finance, and supervision of, and consultation with, outside counsel where necessary on non-litigation matters.
- Advise executive management in the development and execution of all legal and, if legally applicable, related financial, tax, and investment strategies.
- This position shall maintain contacts with federal, state, local and foreign governmental entities on behalf of the Company regarding registration, licenses, and permitting.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 10 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Project Administrator
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.