Contract position: Engineering & Construction client has an IMMEDIATE NEED for a several Mechanical Construction Superintendents for a projects in Tennessee (5/17), Kansas, Colorado (6/1), Wyoming, Arizona and California. We have varying start dates from May to July. You need 15+ years of mechanical construction field experience working in the food, beverage or the consumer products industry. These projects are upgrades, installations and outages in the food production/manufacturing industry. Client will pay for mob, demob, trips home and per diem.
location: Salina, Kansas
job type: Contract
salary: $48 - 60 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
- Provide on-site administrative & technical management for mechanical equipment setting, conveyor installation and process piping (food grade) construction projects
- Report to your Site Manager and ensure that the mechanical systems are constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule
- Responsible for overall supervision of the mechanical construction effort, which includes: productivity of crafts, efficient use of materials and equipment, materials management, scheduling, engineering, and contractual performance of the project.
- Work with mechanical Subcontractors daily to ensure that the project is constructed & documented in accordance with the project specifications, policies, detailed drawings & industry standards
- Complete daily field reports and take daily pictures to document construction progress
- Interface with the client and your internal Engineering departments daily
- Assist with the implementation of safety programs and provide direction to planning, scheduling, and engineering functions as required
The essential functions of this role include:
- working up to 10 hrs of overtime per week
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: High School
- Construction (15 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.