Our client is a leading manufacturer of aviation ground support equipment. Due to continued growth they are looking to add an additional Engineering Manager to their team. This facility is located in Northwest Ohio.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible for leading a team of Engineers and Designers to support, develop, and improve our existing product lines as well as leading the development of new products. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, detailed oriented with exceptional Engineering skills, deep project management experience, an innovative mind, and a passion for continuous improvement. Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or related Engineering field.
- Minimum 15 years' experience in Product Design or related field.
- Minimum 10 years prior supervisory experience.
- In depth knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic systems and processes.
- Must be proficient in managing, organizing, and maintaining large quantities of data.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Must have the ability to work both strategically and tactically.
- Previous experience with project planning required.
- Experience designing to SAE standards.
- Background in DFMEA, Problem solving, ISO requirements.
- Experience/certification in Lean and Six Sigma.
- Experience with Solidworks CAD software.
- Experience working in a manufacturing facility.
- Experience with Infor XA ERP systems
- CE and other international product certification experience
location: Swanton, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $135,000 - 143,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Manage and develop new system designs for all products.
- Manage the design of components and systems to provide maximum customer value and function, including improved safety of operation and operational performance, at optimum costs.
- Lead design, building, modification, and testing of products utilizing SolidWorks.
- Manage product obsolescence.
- Work with Sales team to determine new development product specifications.
- Achieve financial objectives by preparing and adhering to schedules and analyzing variances.
- Work with customers to identify needs and implement these requirements into new designs.
- Identify waste in processes.
- Create and monitor department metrics and KPI's.
- Develop schedules and drive group to meet deadlines.
- Develop and maintain department manpower loading charts.
- Develop and maintain department training plans.
- Must possess the vision and ability to take products to an increasing level of engineering standards to produce and provide more innovative and robust products and services to our customers.
- Supervise direct reports by providing coaching, feedback, and mentoring as appropriate to enhance the functioning of the team.
- Prepare and maintain training plans.
- Maintain positive employee relations through fair and consistent application of company policies and procedures and use of direct and proactive communication skills.
- Apply the company's corrective action process to monitor and improve performance, attendance, and conduct/behavior issues.
- Prepare and communicate regular performance appraisals and development plans for assigned employees in conjunction with the company's standards.
- Take an active role in resolving and mediating employee conflict situations in a timely and appropriate manner, consulting with and/or referring such matters to Human Resources as needed.
- Approve/make recommendations about appropriate staffing levels.
- Participate in interviewing, selecting, orientating and training new staff members.
- Conduct regular meetings with team members as a group and individually, and educates team on company and department procedures, changes, new information, etc.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Mechanical Engineering (5 years of experience is preferred)
- 3D Design (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Project Management (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Mechanical Design
- Mechanical (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Manager (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Product Design (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Electrical Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.