A prominent automotive manufacturer in the Detroit area is seeking a Project Engineer to serve as a member of product engineering team. The Project Engineer will support a cross-functional team to address challenging technological needs of customer engineering and manufacturing requirement. The Project Engineer is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with assigned customer base, as well as generate new customer leads. This is an exciting opportunity for an outgoing, business minded engineer! The company offers a generous six figure base salary plus bonus and 401K match.
location: AUBURN HILLS, MICHIGAN
job type: Permanent
salary: $105,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Provide technical support in the area of mechanisms for analyzing and establishing product requirements, design, prototyping and testing.
- Performs packaging studies based on the customer data
- Develops proposed design changes as needed
- Documents design stages
- Validates wire frame, surface and solid data as needed
- Creates 3-D wire frame, surface and solid geometry
- Develop technical illustrations (isometric) as needed
- Detail format drawings and plotting
- Create gage concepts
- Create color comparison of CAD data levels
- Run translations on received product data
- Assures that CAD information is received, transmitted, and stored in an orderly and timely manner
- Prepare and perform technical presentation in support of new business development.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.