A Supply Management Specialist is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the Cary, NC area. This position provides entry level sourcing, Enterprise Product Delivery Process (EPDP), Enterprise Order Fulfillment Process (EOFP) support to include development and execution/enforcement of strategies and contracts for commodities of lower value and less complexity.
location: Cary, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $15.72 - 27.44 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Executes Order Fulfillment Process (OFP) with cost reduction activities, analyzing quotations, and making supplier selection based on criteria such as quality, cost, process capability, lead time and supplier stability.
- Participates in implementation of resourcing activities and make versus buy decisions. Collects cost data and prepares limited supplier cost/industry analyses.
- Supports the Engineering Change Management (ECM) process so design changes and product improvements are implemented in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Develops and executes inventory plans to achieve inventory/asset management and material flow goals; resolves shipping, receiving, invoicing and payment problems to ensure prompt and accurate payments to suppliers.
- Drives continuous improvement in terms of performance and lowest total cost with the Supply Base utilizing Achieving Excellence process and criteria.
- Defines, resolves, and provides permanent solutions to supplier performance issues with the assistance of other functional representatives such as quality, product engineering, etc., while managing the day-to-day supplier relationship issues, thereby assuring proper communication occurs. Expedites parts as necessary.
- Good understanding of Order Fulfillment principles and can independently use the knowledge.
- Skilled in interpersonal communication, negotiation, and conflict resolution.
- Project management experience.
- 1-3 years of Supply Management experience.
- Formal education in Business, Finance/Accounting, Supply Management, or Engineering.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
- Supply Management
- Supply Chain
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.