Randstad Engineering is searching for a PLC Technician with 5 years of experience to support the Robotic Welding department of a leader in Outdoor Power Equipment. The PLC Technician will support the programming, repair, and maintenance of the Robotic Welding Systems.
- 1st Shift 5:00am -1:30pm or Split Shift 10am - 6:30pm
location: Orangeburg, South Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 55,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 6pm
education: High School
- Develop weld parameters and welding paths for ABB, Fanuc, and Panasonic robotic weld systems.
- Ensure all production equipment is properly maintained and in working order.
- Perform periodic maintenance within the facility through inspections, mechanical adjustments, electrical testing, and lubrications.
- Troubleshoot and repair machinery, electrical, pneumatic, PLC, welding power sources & peripheral equipment and robotic equipment.
- Maintain inventory levels of repair components for all weld shop systems mechanically & electrically and adjust spare parts lists as necessary.
- Associates degree in Electrical Systems or Welding is a plus
- Mechanical & Electrical skills are required, along with knowledge of welding principles.
- Proficient in interpreting Weldment drawings and Electrical schematics.
- Ability to follow instructions, repair manual procedures, programming manuals, and attention to detail
- Experience sizing, selecting and installing piping, wiring, circuit breakers, fuses, drills & taps as required.
- Self-managed and the ability to work independently no supervision is required
- Blueprint reading skills
- Experience with various measuring instruments, multi-meters, amp probes, pressure gages, torque wrenches, etc. is necessary for performing many job functions.
- Experience with RS Logix, RS Linx, and understanding of robot & sequential control systems is required.
- Experience using hand and power tools to repair, modify, or fabricate equipment as required.
- MS Excel spread sheet experience
- Mathematical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Technical data interpretation skills
- Oral/written communication skills
- Dependable with a good attendance and safety record
- Flexibility and willingness to work overtime, off shifts and weekends.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- wearing steel toe shoes
- working in a non-temperature controlled environment
- manual lifting up to 50lbs
- standing for 8 hours at one time
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: High School (required)
- Robotics (5 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.