A Manufacturing Assembly Automation Engineer is needed for a company that produces electronics and HVAC equipment for buildings in the Lubbock, TX area. Join us as we transform our assembly operation from manual or semi-automated processes to fully automated process. Apply your knowledge of automation, robotics, and assembly process to shape the future in client's flagship fire suppression sprinkler facility.
location: Lubbock, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $28.88 - 40.85 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Develop, evaluate and improve assembly methods and processes for the purpose of sustaining the manufacture of existing products as well as the introduction of new products.
- Continuously improve current production methods using Six-Sigma methodologies and utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, assembly processes, tooling, and production equipment capabilities, automated assembly methods and quality control standards. -25%
- Lead capital equipment projects to design, justify, and coordinate the implementation of innovative automated assembly and test processes. Specify equipment, document economic justifications, and submit requests for capital projects. -20%
- Conduct detailed assembly process design work, including assembly workstation layouts, assembly work cell layouts, tooling, assembly fixtures, gauging, automated assembly system programming, and documentation. -15%
- Assess new product concepts and designs for ease of assembly and manufacturability and provide such assessment and recommendations to R&D/Product Engineering. -10%
- Support Cost-Out, VA/VE, Safety, Kaizen, and other initiatives. -10%
- Conceive methods and processes to assemble new products in the safest manner, at the desired quality standards, and at the lowest cost to meet projected demand in a timely manner. -10%
- Develop bills of materials and production routers for production assemblies including time studies and workflow analysis based on engineering drawings. -5%
- Provide technical know-how to troubleshoot problems in current production -5%
- The Manufacturing Assembly Automation Engineer is solely responsible for qualifying new or modified product through the processes under their purview. (Percentages work estimate is contained above as Qualifications might be done for a number of reasons)
Qualifications What we look for:
- Advanced understanding of assembly processes for high volume, engineered products. Preferred experience includes automated assembly and testing.
- Experience supporting high volume automated and manual assembly and test operations including design and implementation of automated assembly and test and optical inspection systems.
- Experience in developing automated assembly and test system including capital justifications and funding requests.
- Experience implementing new products into high volume automated and manual assembly and test operation using a variety of design for manufacturing tools.
- Experience leading Kaizen events and managing projects for cost savings including identification, justification and implementation of capital equipment.
- Experience with solder operations, powder-coating, laser-marking a plus.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing and be able to read and write business policies, procedures, manuals, blueprints and other correspondence.
- Must have strong organizational and project management skills. Experience in concurrent engineering environment will be a plus.
- Proficient in the use of computer-aided design software such as SolidWorks and/or AutoCAD.
- Proficient in the use of multiple software applications that include Word, Excel, and others.
- Extensive knowledge of mechanical assembly techniques, controls, and automation.
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following fields of study: Mechanical Engineering or MET, Industrial Engineering, or Manufacturing Engineering - preferred
- Preferred candidates will possess the required educational background and 5+ years' experience supporting assembly operations in a high-volume manufacturing environment.
- Six Sigma and/or Lean certification a plus.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.