Experienced Product Design Engineer needed for a leading design, build and manufacturer of retail displays in MN. In this role you will use your creativity and provlem solving expertise to ensure that every design concept is tailored to fit the customers needs. You will bring new ideas to life ensuring complete client satisfaction along the way.
location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Compiles a thorough understanding for the customer's expectations by gathering and reviewing sales process documentation; sketches, renderings, design deck, customer provided drawings, product specifications, estimates, etc....
- Coordinates with project management personnel, sales staff and customer representatives to further develop the design intent; addressing questions about finish, functionality, manufacturability and anything else that may not have been fully considered during the sales process
- Develops creative and effective build strategy ideas to best fit all project parameters including delivering on the customers vision, project lead time, production budget, manufacturability, product quality, etc....
- Effectively employs an array of visual communication mediums (hand sketch, SketchUp, SolidWorks, Adobe Suite...) to efficiently convey design concepts as we work with the customer to define the design intent
- Considers a wide range of construction methodologies optimized to work with wood, metal and plastic materials in order to make well informed decisions while transitioning the initial design concept & build strategy into a fully vetted production design
- Collaborates with engineering, production and vendor resources to both verify fixture build strategies and to explore new creative options
- Utilizes an expert working knowledge of SolidWorks to produce drawing sets for customer design approval as well as generating CAD models to be used when developing production details after the approval process
- Works within the engineering team as a collaborative resource, effective at reviewing and continuously improving fixture designs as they flow through the full design & manufacturing process
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Project Engineering
- Store Fixture Design
- Design for manufacturability
- Product Design
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.