Product Manager needed for a leading consumer products manufacturer in VT. In this role you'll be responsible for developing and driving a product strategy to introduce platforms and products that fuel transformational growth. The Product Manager leads product lifecycle management, ensures successful launch of new products, and prioritizes strategies based on market analysis and business capabilities.
location: South Burlington, Vermont
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Initiate new product development and manage the process from Conception to Introduction to Growth to Maturity to Decline.
- Ensure product vitality within assigned categories by maintaining a healthy flow of New Product Introductions, Product Improvements, Channel Opportunities, Efficiency Projects and Category Expansions.
- Drive and execute milestone completion to support the team and process in maintaining product schedules and hitting desired launch dates
- Develop product category strategies designed to drive revenue growth and ensure profitability. (market share, net sales, product revenue and margin growth)
- Collaborate cross functionally and lead indirect teams through formal and informal communication in order to drive product strategy across the organization and gain buy-in from a broad stakeholder base.
- Be a knowledge expert within assigned product categories. Gather and maintain foundational category research. (Industry and Consumer Focused Research, Product Landscapes, Industry & Category Trends, Spec Sheets) Assist in market functions relating to assigned product categories as well as general departmental functions.
- Synthesize data into facts and trends in order to validate company strategy and direction. Build and deliver timely reports and presentation to internal stakeholders and external customers, including relevant metrics and information related to the product line or category.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Product Management (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Product Lifecycle Management
- Category Management
- Consumer Products
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.