Seeking a remote Senior Design Engineer - Six Sigma for a high growth client in Exton, PA. The Senior Design Engineer would be responsible for work within the product development teams throughout the product development process while ensuring operations needs and requirements are built into new products and any future product changes. This position will support the deployment of Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) processes utilizing DFSS tools and methodologies in the organization. Reports directly to the Director, Industrialization Services. Apply now for immediate consideration!
location: EXTON, Pennsylvania
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Support the deployment of Design for Sig Sigma (DFSS). This will include training content, delivery of training, mentoring and coaching for all levels of the organization (New Employees, GBs, BBs, Management)
- Utilizing DFSS tools and methodologies, ensure operations needs and requirements are built into new products and future product changes.
- Coach and mentor individual candidates or teams of employees on proper DFSS method & tool selection and application on existing projects.
- Lead the Operations/Engineering Playbook:
- Drive the PDP activity: The Playbook itself, DFSS tools and methodologies and PDP metrics.
- Ensure product development PDP metrics are tied to predictive metrics
- Support selection of Production Technologies and Processes.
- Support / lead other areas as requested.
- Lead and/or attend Cross Functional Team (CFT) Product Design meetings and link new product activity between various global engineering groups as required.
- Lead Tolerance Analysis, pFMEAs and dFMEAs for new and existing products and recommend changes to designs if required to improve reliability of products.
- Implement, interpret, correlate and communicate statistical studies performed on manufacturing processes / designs and review engineering experiments (DOEs) utilizing the results to make decisions affecting product direction.
- Design for Cost - Lead COGs analysis with required functions.
- Lead tasks within the PDP (Product Development Process); following standards for Project Governance Management and Quality Systems requirements.
- Provide updates in the operations Project Management Office as required/requested.
- Provide product support to existing facilities production line for continuous improvement and best practice alignment.
- Drive change within the organization focusing on the manufacturability of new products
- Performs other duties as assigned based on business needs.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Six Sigma
- Black Belt
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.