A prominent shipbuilding/ship repair company in the Norfolk, VA area is seeking a Production Planner/Estimator for their shipyard. The Production Planner will handle all facets of production planning and estimating for shipboard installations and repairs. This is an immediate need for the company, salaried role with bonus and full company benefits!
location: Norfolk, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: No Degree Required
- Responsible for all facets of production planning and estimating for shipboard installations and repairs
- Works closely with Program Managers and Production Manager in the preparation of bids and proposals.
- Analyzes blue prints, specifications, proposals and other documentation to prepare time, cost, labor estimates.
- Prepares estimates for selecting vendors or subcontractors and determining cost effectiveness.
- Reviews data to determine material labor requirements and prepares itemized lists.
- Provides expert engineering advice on assigned areas and develops, evaluates, and assesses acquisition policy and processes for programs assigned.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: No Degree Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.