Very reputable and well established manufacturing company is looking for a Technical Services/Engineering Manager. This position will be located in the Chino, California area.
This role comes with a very competitive compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $115k to $125k plus a 15% bonus opportunity and relocation assistance.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree in engineering along with a track record of managing engineering, maintenance and quality in a manufacturing environment.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S along with a Bachelor's degree in engineering (required) along with experience managing a technical team (engineering, maintenance and quality) within a manufacturing environment.
location: Chino, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $115,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Ensure all Quality policies and guidelines are being followed and enforced
- Use the Quality Systems Audit as a tool to close gaps & continue to improve product quality
- Proactively attack all process and equipment concerns as they relate to product construction
- Ensure all raw material and finished product testing requirements are met and documented
- Support Warranty Services in claim reviews of any company product
- Take initiative to identify and eliminate issues resulting in high scrap levels
- Manage the efforts of the Quality Assurance department
- Identify deficiencies, and opportunities for improvements, in the quality auditing process.
- Maintain all records associated with code compliance and interface with code compliance agencies as required ensuring all products are meeting applicable codes. Coordinate testing if needed.
- Ensure that lab housekeeping meets standards and teams and keeps areas of responsibility clean. Lab equipment is properly maintained and calibrated, with appropriate recordkeeping.
- Develop and execute training plans for teaching production team members quality standards, test methods, and specifications.
- Develop and participate in the development of new products. Generate new ideas, refine others, and help determine market and production feasibility.
- Assist the operations manager in auditing departments' safety performance. Take initiative to identify and eliminate potential hazards.
- Actively seek out and eliminate sources of process variation to deliver a more uniform product to our customer
- Lead the effort to enhance Process Driven Culture at the plant. Use Process Driven Culture Audit as a tool to close gaps & continue to improve overall scores.
- Reinforce the daily use of the 6 Building Blocks, SPC, and Best Practices as tools for process improvement and variation reduction.
- Improve process understanding among Production Operators. Lead classroom training sessions, generate training documentation, and/or hold 1:1 discussions with Production trainees.
- Ensure the compliance within companies Management of Change systems as applicable
- Prioritize, plan and execute trials to identify alternative raw material sources, support corporate initiatives, and develop new products
- Manage the efforts of the Project Engineers to help achieve successful project completion and plant production goals. Ensure a high level of competence and performance within the department. Ensure the existence of consistent and comprehensive job standards, procedures and quality requirements for the engineering and maintenance groups.
- Provide support for corporate level initiatives throughout the life cycle of the project activities.
- Monitor, define applicability, and implement necessary codes, standards, and regulatory requirements throughout facility. Ensure that complete plant drawings exist and are kept up-to-date.
- Ensure new equipment is fully documented.
- Support the Operations group in meeting or exceeding budgeted production rates and uptime targets.
- Seek out ways that the Quality and Process Engineering teams can help increase OEE (scrap rate, slowtime, and uptime) and deploy resources accordingly.
- Cultivate effective communication between QA and Production to more effectively recognize, identify, and address developing operational issues.
- Serve as plant champion of raw material utilization.
- Lead the annual Bill of Materials planning process for all products
- Control departmental overhead spending and ensure budget compliance
- Support and participate in plant problem solving in mechanical, electrical, and instrument are as requested by Production/Maintenance. Review new equipment designs and recommend modifications to minimize cost, conform to production capabilities and enhance safety. Maintain thorough engineering standards for project design and execution, feasibility analysis, equipment standards, safety, construction, execution, and site implementation
- Provide technical engineering support for the Plant on a continual basis. Evaluate and design new equipment systems, and recommend modifications for continuous improvement in an effort to minimize cost, optimize maintenance and production capabilities, and enhance
- Oversee Control Engineer to ensure safe and reliable operation of the manufacturing plant, electrical projects dealing with controls, data acquisition, power distribution, wiring and other related issues.
Environment, Health, and Safety:
- Continue to build bench strength within the Quality, Process Engineering, and Engineering departments through expanding responsibilities, delegating tasks, and coaching.
- Create opportunities for skill development and encourage career advancement for capable employees
- Cultivate effective communication between departments to recognize, properly identify, and address developing operational issues
Level Based Competencies:
- Complete a root cause analysis, publish an investigation report, and track action items for each reported Safety incident within the Quality/Process and Engineering departments
Technical knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced):
- Business Acumen
- Developing Others
- Decision Making
- Managing Conflict
- Facilitating Change
- Building Strategic Working Relationships
- Experience and application of standard Manufacturing concepts, practices, and procedures
- Thorough knowledge of Statistics, Statistical Process Control (SPC), Design of Experiments (DOE), Root Cause Analysis , Variable Process Control, and Kepner Tregoe Rational Process
- Detailed Engineering capability applicable to a Continuous Web manufacturing process
- Demonstrated expertise in a multi-discipline engineering role
- High volume manufacturing knowledge with engineering focus on production machinery, preferably continuous process General knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
- Excellent communication skills: written, verbal and listening
- Excellent planning and organizational skills including ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated skill in problem solving, statistical expertise and leading problem solving teams
- Intermediate financial/budgetary understanding including project management budgetary understanding and capabilities
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others
- Advanced proficiency in Google G-Suite software
- Advanced proficiency in compiling and writing technical reports
- Advanced proficiency in managing quality systems in a manufacturing environment
- Intermediate knowledge of manufacturing process improvement tools and techniques such as statistical process control (SPC), Lean manufacturing, Six Sigma, Kepner-Tregoe, Qualpro MVT, 5S, Scrum, and/or Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Intermediate proficiency in statistical process control software such as Minitab, WinSPC, Envision, and BrainCube
- Intermediate knowledge of multi-disciplinary engineering principles
- Intermediate knowledge of standard manufacturing concepts, practices, and procedures
- Intermediate proficiency in ERP systems such as ArcPlan and Peoplesoft
- Entry-level proficiency in CMMS systems such as Maximo
- Entry-level proficiency in AutoCAD
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.