Growing, well established and very reputable manufacturing company is looking to hire a EHS Specialist. This positon will be located in the Fort Myers area and will be M-F on days.
This role comes with a very competitive compensation plan commenusurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $60k to $65k plus 15% annual bonus and relocation assistance.
The ideal candidate will possess a Bachelor's degree in EHS along with progressive EHS experience in a manufacturing environment with a track record of administering Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) Programs in accordance with OSHA, ANSI, EPA, local/state/federal regulatory requirements and corporate policies, standards, procedures, and objectives. The role will facilitate and promote proactive involvement within the facility for all EHS initiatives and business activities to increase health and safety awareness, participation, and accountability.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Fort Myers, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Order suspension of activities that pose threats to workers' health or safety. Assist operations and management in the review of incidents to determine root causes and corrective actions.
- Assist operations leaders, as needed, with corrective actions. Recommend measures to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, or materials.
- Inspect or evaluate workplace environments, equipment, or practices to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
- Accountable for the safety of all team members for whom they are responsible for through active engagement in safety activities and provides clear, consistent communication of safe work expectations Assist the EHS Specialists and Manager as an internal resource on regulatory and safety policy issues and help develop processes with documented procedures for compliance as required.
- Assist department managers, leaders, and team members with implementation of creative approaches to improve safety, minimize environmental footprint and liability, and implement EHS initiatives Conduct safety training or education programs and demonstrate the use of safety equipment.
- Work with engineering in the design and installation of new or altered equipment or processes with the goal of eliminating or reducing health/safety hazards and environmental impact.
- Assist in compliance reviews, risk assessments, audits, and inspections to support EHS and PGTI objectives.
- Provide new-employee health and safety orientations and develop materials for these presentations.
- Perform EHS inspections & assessments such IH, PPE, LOTO, and machine guarding. Coordinate "right-to-know" programs regarding hazardous chemicals or other substances.
- Participate in periodic hands-on safety audits of manufacturing work areas with plant operations leaders and assist in resolution of identified issues.
- Inspect specified areas to ensure the presence of fire prevention equipment, safety equipment, or first-aid supplies.
- Advise elimination, substitution, engineering, administrative or PPE controls to eliminate hazards and reduce exposures when hazards cannot be eliminated.
- Make recommendations for hazard controls based on comprehensive analysis.
- Promote, guide and champion various safety committees as well as serving as the Safety Committe Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- General Education Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Engineering or Science
- General Experience At least 3 years of hands-on professional EHS experience in manufacturing or related environments.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.