Apply now for immediate consideration - a very well established and stable facilities services company is seeking an experienced Electrical Technician / Facilities Electrician for a direct hire position northwest of Richmond, VA. Candidate will help maintain both facility level electrical systems along with other electrical equipment and machinery.
location: Goochland, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $46,000 - 50,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- The Electrical Technician will be responsible for both preventive and corrective electric maintenance work and small scale upgrades and installations for a correctional facility
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance of all electrical equipment, lighting systems, generators, Automatic Transfer Switches, uninterrupted power supplies (UPS), communication systems, switches and power circuits
- Troubleshoot and locate defects in wiring, switches, motors, and other electrical equipment using testing instruments
- Maintain emergency generators and high voltage switchgear
- Active Electrical License in the state of Virginia a plus (or able to get licensed)
- 5+ years electrical construction or electrical maintenance experience in commercial or industrial environments - must be very proficient at troubleshooting electrical systems.
- Willing and able to work occasional on-call shifts.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: High School
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.