A Field Engineer is needed for an American defense, aviation, information technology, and biomedical research company in the East Central Region of New Hampshire area. Position will require candidate to have their own reliable car, 8MP camera, Smart Phone with Data plan, and high speed internet connection at home. Work is as assigned, the desire is to provide as close to 40 hours as possible, but work schedule may vary based on work load.
location: Dover, New Hampshire
job type: Contract
salary: $17.10 - 33.07 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- The successful candidate will travel around the area taking pictures of utility poles. Significant walking is required, 95% of this position requires field related work.
- Candidate will be required to be in the field year round and every week as weather and personal safety permits and could be subject to inspection of poles in the following areas; urban, rural, backyard pole lines, and Transmission and Distribution Right of Ways.
- The mileage and hours vary depending on the work provided from the client, could vary from part time to full time hours.
- On a weekly basis pictures need to be uploaded to a shared drive from candidates home office. Protective equipment provided; hard hat, EH rated boots, safety glasses, high visibility vest.
- Candidate will need to be highly organized and efficient in the execution of this work. Candidate will be highly autonomous and work independently.
- Candidate will receive 8 to 16 hours of training prior to working alone. Hours are flexible based on need dates of inspections.
- Candidate will be responsible for following Leidos safety procedures and reporting progress on a weekly basis.
- A Bachelor's or Associate in Engineering in Mechanical, Civil / Structural, Electrical, or related technical field is required.
- Candidates must be able to work in both team and independent environments and to organize work to meet deadlines and have 0-4 years of relevant/related experience
- .Candidates must be able to walk at least five miles, swing a 3lb hammer, and execute field work on a daily basis
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.