Very reputable, well established and growing manufacturing company is looking to hire a Production Supervisor who is fluent in Spanish for Monday thru Thursday from 5:30 PM to 2:30 AM in the Fort Myers, Florida area.
This role comes with a very competitive compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $60k to $80k, annual bonus opportunity and paid relocation.
The ideal candidate will possess experience as a production supervisor in a manufacturing environment with a focus on safety, quality, daily KPI's, Lean manufacturing and coaching/developing hourly employees.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Fort Myers, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 3pm to 12am
- Consult with Engineering, Software Specialists and End Users/Stakeholders to gather information about programming needs: goals, objectives, features, functions, as well as input and output requirements.
- Provides guidance and leadership to subordinate leaders to help them effectively plan work, direct team activities and establish production priorities. Actively drives and ensures all team members are engaged and focused on creating a safe work environment.
- Develops all team members and provides the proper training and tools to achieve quality at the source across the product line(s). Identifies specific operator knowledge/skill requirements and communicates recruitment and training needs to Human Resources and Workforce Development. Helps develop or revise standard operational and working practices and verifies that subordinate leaders require worker compliance with standards.
- Motivates and encourages all team members to actively participate in 5S initiatives, achieving/sustaining world class levels.
- Leads/facilitates continuous improvement activities to drive improvement in safety, quality, delivery and cost through Kaizen and other world class techniques. Coaches and encourages active participation by all team members in problem solving activities helping them develop their skills utilizing Lean tools.
- Drives and assures active team member involvement in TPM programs. Identifies, recruits and develops employees as future leaders.
- Collaborates with Marketing, Engineering, Finance, and other functional areas as necessary to help implement new products and product improvements. Participates in meetings with key personnel to review, discuss and refine the product's definition; to formally review the proposed product designs and refine for improved manufacturability; to review fabrication equipment and process and refine/alter for improved manufacturability; review process flow line layouts, time standards, and production scheduling.
- To support new product introductions, provides sample products and participates in equipment qualification/buy-off procedures. Ensures proper support/coordination of line trials and production training including start-up and debug. Participates in post-project evaluation of new product introductions.
- Plans production operations, ensuring priorities, sequences and operational schedules for manufacturing products in accordance with company practices. Reviews production and operating reports to help determine operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems.
- Confers with subordinate leaders and co-workers in Customer Service, Materials Management, Engineering, EC, Quality and Transportation to help determine appropriate solutions to short- and long-term problems in meeting production requirements. Researches and helps develop short- and long-term improvements to manufacturing processes to maximize efficiency, improve throughput and maintain safety.
- Provides positive and negative feedback to employees verbally and in writing. Documents feedback through Confirmation of Conversations (COC). Conducts or participates in annual performance reviews for employees.
- Candidates must be fluent in Spanish
- Manufacturing experience with at least several years at the leadership level
- Proficient in MS Office (Word/Excel)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; MBA preferred
- Experience in lean manufacturing and world class manufacturing best practices
- Ability to motivate and lead teams of salaried and hourly leaders and employees.
- Ability to develop and coach team members.
- Ability to analyze data and develop data-based solutions.
- Must be able to work without supervision and manage under stress to meet deadlines.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- production supervisor
- Plant Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.