A Technician is needed for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science in the Corning, NY area. This job encompasses the application of various scientific principles from multiple engineering disciplines such as chemical, electrical, electronic, and mechanical, involving structures, machines, apparatus, or manufacturing processes. Provides engineering support for job classifications that engage in research and/or product development encompassing one or more engineering disciplines within the Engineering/Manufacturing job family.
location: Corning, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $27.44 - 36.80 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Considerable technical and content knowledge of the job.
- Understands practical applications, able to solve complex problems, full mastery of regular situations encountered.
- Independently able to solve the vast majority of problems and ambiguities by examine pertinent facts and evidence.
- Seeks direction for issues that cross functional areas and/or have broad impacts.
- Works under limited site supervision.
- Coordinates quality inspections and leads processes.
- Recommends process improvements, meets or exceeds deadlines, and able to maintain confidentiality and ensure compliance.
- Contacts outside of immediate work group are frequent and broad.
- May or may not have external contacts. Contacts may be sensitive in nature.
- Previous Quality/ manufacturing experience
- Able to lead processes, prioritizing quality tests based on manufacturing needs
- Ultrasonic inspection Data analysis
- MS Office
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.