Very reputable, well established manufacturing company located in Columbus, Ohio is searching for an Automation Engineer.
This role comes with a very competitive compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $75k to $105k plus bonus and relocation assistance.
A Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is required.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Columbus, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Develops, designs, maintains and improves Level I (PLC) and computer systems.
- Troubleshoots PLC and line-associated failures.
- Develops and refines mill setup models. Assists in commissioning and start-up plans and execution starting including written trials and execution performance tests and acceptance.
- Diagnoses and implements process design improvements.
- Improves quality and productivity and reduces costs.
- Analyzes process data and provides reports and recommendations as appropriate.
- Maintains knowledge of state-of-the-art process improvements in the industry. Evaluates and incorporates, if applicable.
- Collaborates with the Process Technology, Operating, Quality and Safety Personnel to supply reports, data and other information required in the execution of process technology responsibilities.
- Demonstrates high level of expertise/experience in a broad range of functions or specialization in a crucial area; becomes recognized internally as an expert in his or her field (in-house consultant).
- Stays abreast of latest developments and technology in discipline and steelmaking industry.
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science is required
- Computer skill, and knowledge of line operation and inspection standards.
- Must be able to work in a hot, dusty environment. Climbing stairs, ladders, and walking inclines.
- Proven communication (verbal and written), analytical, organizational, and time management skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Automation engineer preferred to have manufacturing experience.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.