Manufacturer in Oklahoma City, OK is seeking an Electrical Design Engineer for permanent placement in their growing team. The ideal candidate will have Solidworks or similar Electrical 3D design experience and 5-10 years of experience in electrical controls and designing electrical hardware systems in manufacturing. Relocation provided. Excellent benefits and corporate culture.
All Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Design, develop, test, lead, and manage electrical engineering projects in support of new product development and changes to existing products
- Interface with Control Engineers to include PLC, HMI into the electrical schematics, panel layouts, and Bill of Materials.
- Calculate proper incoming and branch circuit protection.
- Interface with customers and vendors/suppliers regarding project specifications.
- Select control components to minimize cost
- Create, maintain, control, and deliver machine Bills of Materials, electrical design drawings, panel layouts, and technical documents necessary to manufacture, assemble, and operate equipment.
- Commission and troubleshoot the electrical hardware design systems.
- Research and provide input for customer upgrades and equipment modifications.
- Use technical writing skills to contribute to operation and maintenance manuals Perform and/or assist in start-up integrations at customer's facility.
- Select the appropriately sized motors, VFDs, and/or motor starters based on the horsepower requirements of the machine.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 5-10 years of experience in electrical controls, preferably in design of industrial equipment.
- Variable Speed Drive (Rockwell/Allen Bradley, Yaskawa, Schneider Electric, Siemens) integration, configuration and commissioning.
- Proficient with SolidWorks Electrical (AutoCAD Electrical experience is a plus) and experience designing and creating electrical schematics, control panel layouts, machine wiring diagrams, pneumatic and hydraulic schematics
- Familiarity with national and international electrical and safety standards a plus including NFPA 70 (NEC) and European safety standards
- Familiarity with communications protocols: serial, Ethernet, etc.
- Rockwell Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming experience for industrial machinery
- HMI programming experience for industrial machinery Excellent communication both written and verbal
- Attention to detail and the ability to conceptualize how a machine should function to meet customer specifications.
- Ability to use ERP system
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Electrical Engineering (5 years of experience is required)
- Solidworks (5 years of experience is required)
- Electrical hardware design (5 years of experience is required)
- PLC (2 years of experience is required)
- HMI Programming (5 years of experience is required)
- AutoCAD (3 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.