Our exciting vehicle client is seeking a contractor for their large scale project in Palo Alto, CA! The position is a QA/Manufacturing Engineer role.
The client is looking for local candidates only since it's a hybrid remote/onsite opportunity for a 6+ month contract.
This is an amazing opportunity to get in with one of the largest and growing companies in the world!!
The client is seeking candidates immediately and has a start date of early to mid-June 2021.
Below are the details and skills needed for this position:
- B.S. Mechanical Eng., Electrical Eng. or related field
- 3+ years experience with hardware quality assurance, preferably in an automotive/OEM context
- Proven experience in an NPI or product launch atmosphere
- JIRA, Confluence Power User
- NPI QA Eng. which will naturally have a MFG background And exp with incoming part/QC and mechanical or design engineering background where they can read and understand blueprints
location: Palo Alto, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Coordinate inventory management with Strategic Sourcing and Global Supply Chain
- Collaborate with Supply Chain to evaluate Material Readiness for various build phases
- Daily cross-functional communication and broadcasting of progress, problems, and plans
- Maintain detailed records on vehicle build quality
- Collaborate with various engineering departments to deliver program milestones
- Collect and organize issues as they arise, drive rectification. Understand priorities, risks, and drive issues to completion
- Work with internal DRIs to develop IQC and OQC processes for our external vendors and suppliers.
- Perform quantitative and qualitative assessments on incoming materials to assess quality; work with internal DRIs to develop IQC processes and maintain meticulous records of these analyses
- Interface with suppliers regarding potential quality issues; work with the suppliers to drive resolution
- more of a NPI QA Eng which will naturally have a MFG background And exp with incoming part/QC and mechanical or design engineering background where they can read and understand blueprints
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Confluence Power User
- PCBA development
- Coordinate inventory
- Manufacturing Engineer
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.