Manufacturing Engineer needed for a consumer products client just outside of Fort Wayne. This position is a highly qualified position, to plan, design, arrange, change, and optimize a manufacturing process. Manufacturing engineers are creative and analytical thinkers as well as designers. Maximizes efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and work force utilization. Determines parts and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specification. Salary will be based on experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (M.E., I.E.) from an accredited college. Master's degree in Engineering is an added advantage.
- 2-5 years of engineering experience in manufacturing equivalent field (bottling and/or packaging preferred).
- Possess a working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office products. Experience with motion control (multi-axis robotics) including trouble shooting, programming and integration.
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
- Experience in packaging industry would be beneficial.
location: Wabash, Indiana
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Develop, evaluate, improve and document manufacturing processes.
- Develop and implement process control techniques and procedures into manufacturing environments.
- Analyze manufacturing process flows continually for the enhancements of quality, cost reduction, and throughput.
- Collaborate with Controls and Production regarding product tooling and design to ensure effectual production methods.
- Confer with vendors in determining product specifications and arranging equipment, parts, or material purchase, and evaluate products according to quality standards and specifications.
- Design and develop manufacturing processes for enhancements, product changes, and new products, and related fixtures and tooling that are consistent with zero defect level and low product cost.
- Create and maintain accurate documentation of tool drawings, design concepts, shop orders, and concepts in accordance with the engineering and quality assurance functions.
- Support company policies and procedures, goals and objectives, FDA regulations, and good manufacturing practices.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Six Sigma
- Process Improvement
- GMP (1 year of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.