Fiber Optics mapping / drafter designer needed for immediate long term contract assignment in the southern NH area. This position will involve designing continuous fiber routes over existing and new build fiber optic cables, creating fiber splice documents, using as-built information, Spatial, AutoCAD, Excel, among other software. The individual will be skilled in AutoCAD, Excel, design software. Must have knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel along with experience/knowledge in designing and/or constructing telecommunications fiber networks. Apply now for immediate consideration.
location: Exeter, New Hampshire
job type: Contract
salary: $23 - 26 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Design and develop layouts for OSP and ISP Fiber design
- Develop ISP Patch panel diagrams/cable rack layouts
- Generation of bills of materials, splice sheets, and other supporting documentation for design.
- Review completed design for errors and efficiency.
- Ensure design specifications are maintained.
- Create and maintain appropriate technical documentation
- Supports Specialists and leadership team with fiber design documents.
- Reviews, resolves and follows up on request and complaints.
- May advise, train, and guide other designers.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Associates
- Spacial Design
- MS Office / Excel
- Fiber / Telecom Design
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.