job summary: Fortune 200 Company. 92% employee retention rate. Minimum Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 2 years of Metal Building or Construction related industry experience, or a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction, Architecture, or other related field.
- Can currently read, understand and comprehend Architectural, Structural, and Mechanical project drawings.
- Proficient with MS Word, Excel, Access, and 2 dimensional drawing software.
- 2+ years Metal Building Design, Detailing, or Estimating experience.
- Working knowledge of pre-engineered metal building systems.
- Functional knowledge of EQuote, Design Tools, Access, Tekla, or BrisCAD.
- College Degree in Construction related field.
location: El Paso, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $52,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Create competitive, accurate and thorough pre-sale designs and estimates for building systems in accordance with company processes and practices.
- Provide clear verbal and written communication with customers and teammates.
- Receive and clarify quote requests to provide well qualified proposals with all assumed and provided information for the project.
- Understand and support service practices, customer needs, division goals and influence acceptable results for our Customers.
- Utilize knowledge of current building codes for design of building elements.
- Maintain an understanding of our products and usage.
- Effectively interpret architectural, structural, and mechanical project drawings.
- Assist Customers in recognizing "value engineering" opportunities.
- Generate high quality work in a fast-paced environment while meeting scheduled deadlines.
- Travel to assist our customers as needed.
- Safety is the most important part of all jobs; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: High School (required)
- MS Excel (1 year of experience is required)
- MS Word (1 year of experience is required)
- AutoCAD 2D (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.