Client in the Cincinnati area is in need of a well-rounded Controls Engineer. This is someone who has experience with PLCs, Robotics and can travel more than 50%. Salary will be based on experience.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering is desired
- Experience Programming PLCs, Allen Bradley, Fanuc, ABB or others
- Experience with Robotics, Fanuc, ABB, Motoman ETC.
- Experience with AutoCAD or AutoCAD electrical
- Must be willing to travel 50-60%
location: Hamilton, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 95,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Evaluate electrical systems, products, components, and applications by designing automation systems, applying knowledge of electricity and materials.
- Confirm systems and components capabilities.
- Assist to create electrical design drawings by studying customer requirements/specifications and manufacturing and assembly methods and materials.
- Develop manufacturing processes by designing and modifying equipment for building and assembling electrical components.
- Assure product quality by designing electrical testing methods; testing finished products and system capabilities.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Assist with creation of wiring diagrams, wire routing schematics, and harness fabrication statements, as well as assisting with the documentation of systems.
- Write and debug Control/Robot/HMI Servo programs per quoted specifications.
- Assist with schematics using AutoCAD Electrical.
- Assist with panel design resulting in selection of components, create electrical part lists for ordering, and create purchasing requisitions.
- Create controls design and program standards and templates based on company practices.
- Assist with manuals and support documentation for customers.
- Assist technicians with questions related to schematics.
- Supervise control system construction and installation. Provide guidance to Technicians
- Support hardware debug to verify system operation.
- Test programming after initial building.
- Work with the engineering team and customers regarding projects.
- Travel to customer facilities following system installation for program modifications and troubleshooting. Per customer policy, random drug/alcohol testing will be required.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.