An industry leading multinational building materials manufacturer is looking for a Logistics Manager to join their team. This company currently has more than 6,300 employees with over 60 manufacturing facilities and is still continuing to grow. This Logistics Manager will lead and manage all plant shipping and receiving activities along with raw material planning and receiving for the Plant.
Salary is commensurate with experience up to $105K plus a performance bonus and great health/retirement benefits.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Milan, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Manage the Shipping Department personnel, logistic planners, & traffic coordinators.
- Conduct weekly team meetings with Shipping Personnel & Subordinates as required.
- Manage the outbound process of shipping product to our customers utilizing contracted freight companies.
- Manage and order all raw materials as required to maintain production schedule without disruption (granules, coating,
laminate, glass, etc.)
- Manage the receiving of all raw materials to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Manage and seek out additional raw material suppliers for production reliability along with ensuring cost effectiveness
- Provide forecasts for glass mat and coating requirements to corporate purchasing as required.
- Participation in plant improvement programs (5S, TPM, SMAT)
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Process Improvement
- Continuous Improvement
- Six Sigma
- Purchasing / Procurement
- Project Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.