Specialty aerospace steel manufacture seeks to hire a Laboratory Technician who is now a Supervisor or has the potential to be a Lab Supervisor within 6 months.
Typical work hours: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm
Is weekend work required? Yes (occasionally)
Is overtime required? Yes (occasionally)
- Experience in a chemical/chemistry lab highly preferred
- Demonstrated capability to follow standard operating procedures and safety protocols
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with NADCAP or other aerospace certifications and requirements highly desired.
- Educational requirements: HS graduate or GED required. AS or BS in science/engineering preferred
location: Florham Park, New Jersey
job type: Permanent
salary: $45,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
Skill/Knowledge of chemical analysis and testing equipment/capabilities, knowledge, and experience required of the job holder:
- Processing and evaluation of samples
- Familiarity with Lab equipment (e.g. XRF, OE, AA, etc.)
- Able to use computer software and mathematic method to perform the test and analyze -the test result;
- Capable to allocate and prioritize the chemical analysis tasks;
- Can perform sample preparation such as cutting, grinding and solution making.
- Ability to work independently, given supervisory input ahead of time
- Critical attention to detail
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- wearing steel toe shoes
- working weekends
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: High School (required)
- Lab Equipment (2 years of experience is required)
- Chemical Analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.