Client located near Allendale, SC has an IMMEDIATE NEED for a Power Plant Control Room Operator/Shift Supervisor with 7-15 years of experience working in a boiler/steam turbine power plant or process plant environment. Our client is looking for candidates who are local to the area, but will help relocate the right person. This position pays in the upper $20's per hour with lots of OT and an 8% bonus.
location: Allendale, South Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: No Degree Required
Requirements for the Shift Supervisor
- Responsible for supervising and operating this steam power plant in a safe, environmentally sound and efficient manner
- Ensure the performance and record keeping of required daily plant operations activities, including equipment readings, inspections and testing
- Monitor systems to ensure proper operations, perform routine equipment safety checks and inspections
- Work in the control room and operate the distributed control systems (DCS)
- Perform routine evaluations of boiler, cooling tower, demineralizer, and RO unit water chemistry and make necessary changes to chemical feed systems to ensure continued plant operation
- Responsible for monitoring the status of all plant systems on a continuous basis
- Respond to alarms by taking appropriate actions and execute plant shut-down and start-up procedures
- You will start working the day shift and then transfer to 12 hour rotating shifts
- You must have 7-15+ years of operations & maintenance experience with steam boilers and associated systems, controls, and equipment.
- You need at least 3 years of experience as a Shift Supervisor in an operating plant
- Specific experience working in a solid fuel fired power plant is a PLUS
- Candidates with electrical, instrumentation, and/or mechanical experience are preferred.
- Client will consider candidates that have experience as a Navy MM or BT or any other rate of nuke (EM, ET, ELT, MM).
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: No Degree Required
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.