A Process Engineer is needed for a leading engineering and design firm in the Omaha, NE area. The Process Engineer is responsible for conducting engineering and design tasks for EPC projects within the Industrial construction, Food and Beverage, and Pharmaceutical industries.
Qualified candidates must have a BS degree in Chemical Engineering, 5+ years of EPC design experience, and a PE license. This is a contract opportunity slated to last at least 6 months, with a possibility to be extended or converted full time. Our client is only seeking local talent, or candidates willing to relocate themselves at this time.
location: Omaha, Nebraska
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 52 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Conduct design of relief system, flare header design, relief valve sizing and performing contingency analysis and flare header analysis
- Size and rate various equipment like pumps, horizontal and vertical vessels, shell and tube heat ex-changers, and air coolers
- Create PFD's and P&ID's
- Evaluate equipment and processes to ensure compliance with safety and environmental regulations
- Participate in Process Hazard Analysis and studies
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Process Control (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Professional Engineer
- Process flow diagrams (1 year of experience is required)
- Process and instrumentation (1 year of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.