Rapidly growing, well established and very reputable company is looking for a Spanish speaking 2nd shift (Monday thru Friday) Distribution Center Supervisor in the Miami area.
Candidates need to be able to speak Spanish and English.
This role comes with a very competitvie compensation plan commensurate with experience with a salary ranging from $55k to $60k plus annual bonus opportunity.
The ideal candidate will be fluent in Spanish and English along with experience in a 3PL/DC/Warehouse environment and willing to work in shift shift in a rapidly growing company.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
location: Miami, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 3pm to 12am
education: High School
- Provides guidance and leadership to Team Leaders to help them effectively plan work, direct team activities, and establish work priorities.
- Ensures Team Leaders and their employees receive appropriate training/coaching to meet and exceed job expectations. Identifies, recruits and develops employees as future leaders
- Establishes work-measurement program, establishes metrics and key performance indicators, and evaluates team and individual process and performance
- Researches and deploys short and long term improvements to improve safety and efficiency
- Participates in departmental budget and plans capital needs for the future
- Determines resource needs for shift
- Provides positive and negative feedback to employees verbally and in writing
- Ensures that work processes are implemented uniformly across shifts and plants
- Anticipates future needs to support growth and determines resource and capital support requirements
- Actively drives and ensures all team members are engaged and focused on creating a safe work environment
- Establishes material handling and quality control standards and develops and administers budget and cost controls to effectively produce products and monitor achievement of profitability goals
- Provides loading and warehouse decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future requirements.
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of companies mission -- specifically, support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to meet customer needs and corporate objectives regarding product service.
- Motivates and encourages all team members to actively participate in 5S initiatives, achieving/sustaining world class levels. Develops all team members and provides the proper training and tools to achieve quality at the source across the product line(s).
- Coaches and encourages active participation by all team members in problem solving activities helping them develop their skills utilizing Lean tools.
- Identifies specific operator knowledge/skill requirements and communicates recruitment and training needs to Human Resources and Workforce Development.
- Helps develop or revise standard operational and working practices and verifies that subordinate leaders require worker compliance with standards.
- Leads/facilitates continuous improvement activities to drive improvement in safety, quality, delivery and cost through Kaizen and other world class techniques
- Participates in meetings with key personnel to review, discuss and refine the material flow
- Ensures proper support/coordination of line trials and production training including start-up and debug.
- Participates in post-project evaluation of new product introductions.
- Reviews production and operating reports to help determine warehouse and loading constraints and creates plan to improve
- Confers with Team Leaders and co-workers in cross functional leadership
- Researches and helps develop short- and long-term improvements to dock operation processes to maximize efficiency, improve throughput and maintain safety.
- Provides positive and negative feedback to employees verbally and in writing. Documents feedback through Confirmation of Conversations (COC).
- Conducts or participates in annual performance reviews for employees
Bachelor's degree is preferred
? Five to ten years experience in receiving, shipping, or warehouse operations with at
least three years experience as a leader
? Proficient in MS Office (Word/Excel)
? Strategic planner with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, and
? An energetic, forward thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and
an appropriate professional image
? Experience in lean manufacturing and world class manufacturing best practices
? Ability to analyze data and develop data-based solutions.
? Must be able to work without supervision and manage under stress to meet deadlines.
? Budget development and oversight experience
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: High School (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.