A Supply Management Specialist is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the Valley City, ND area.
location: Valley City, North Dakota
job type: Contract
salary: $27.44 - 36.65 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Maintains an ongoing relationship with assigned suppliers to monitor and improve supplier performance; measures the performance of the supplier and defines corrective actions; obtains assistance from other functional representatives as appropriate; may negotiate with suppliers in order to resolve short-term performance problems; manages the day-to-day supplier relationship issues, thereby assuring proper communication occurs. Expedites parts as necessary.
- Develops and executes inventory plans to achieve inventory/asset management and material flow goals; resolves shipping, receiving, invoicing and payment problems to ensure prompt and accurate payments to suppliers.
- Drives continuous improvement in terms of performance and lowest total cost with the Supply Base utilizing Achieving Excellence process and criteria.
- Participates in implementation of resourcing activities and make versus buy decisions.
- Collects cost data and prepares limited supplier cost/industry analyses.
- Supports the Engineering Change Management (ECM) process so design changes and product improvements are implemented in a timely and cost-effective manner.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Understanding of Order Fulfillment Process. - Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
- Skill in interpersonal communications, negotiation, and conflict resolution. - Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
- Knowledge of unit processes and operations. - Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
Education: Degree in a Business/Management/ Engineering/Technology/Supply Management discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience in specific areas of Supply Management such as: supplier integration, strategic supply management, supplier development, module supply management, scheduling, forecasting, logistics, etc. May be position specific. - 3-5 years
- Work experience in a team environment. - 3-5 years
- Manufacturing environment experience
- MS Office with Intermediate Excel
- SAP Required
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.