An Opto-Mechanical Engineer is needed for an American social media conglomerate corporation in the Sunnyvale, CA area. The main function of an Opto-Mechanical Engineer is to design and develop test fixtures for technologies of the next generation of Head-Mounted Displays (HMDs) and Near-Eye Displays (NEDs), viewing optics, machine perception cameras and sensors.
location: Sunnyvale, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40.00 - 60.82 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Work with a cross-functional team of optical engineers and opto-mechanical engineers in developing test fixtures and hardware upgrades.
- Support the evaluation and characterization of optical components and system integrations by creating custom optical fixtures
- Work with other engineers to get requirements and implement that into mechanical CAD
- Ability to work with machine shops to get custom parts made in a timely manner
- Collaborate with the larger research team to explore concepts and drive optical system development to create compelling experiences
- Drive supplier choice, interaction, and management in order to deliver prototypes in support of concept demonstrations
- 5+ years of experience
- Experience with opto-mechanical design (mounting optical components into mechanical housings)
- Experience with Mechatronics and Motion Control
- Proficient in CAD packages such as PRO-E, NX or SolidWorks
- GD&T, drawing creation, and rapid prototyping for high precision design
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques (machining, 3D printing, etc)
- Hands-on work in the lab to assemble prototypes and troubleshooting issues
- Ability to work with minimal direction and managing a project independently from start to finish
- Working, communicating, and collaborating in a cross-functional team environment
- Familiarity with optical CAD such as Zemax or Code-V will be an advantage
Bachelor's degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Optical Engineering, Engineering Physics, or a similar field or equivalent experience
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Mechanical Design
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.