A Designer is needed for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science in the Corning, NY area. This job will assist engineers and designers in the design, development, prototyping, construction follow-up, installation, and start-up of production equipment and processes, and implement project plan, insuring he satisfaction of all project objectives.
location: Corning, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $26.61 - 40.00 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Routinely performs elementary design calculations; i.e., statics, hydraulics, power transmission.
- Provides accurate estimates of the time required and costs to complete assigned work.
- Follows construction of prototype equipment.
- Conducts tests, collects and evaluates data, and makes recommendations.
- Generates shop drawings and parts lists.
- Assembles complete machine design packages from existing Plant files, checking drawings for accuracy and adding detail and assembly drawings where necessary.
- Ensures that all machine drawings conform to company Machine Drafting Standards Confers with vendors in the final selection of commercial components and writes purchase requisitions. Independently follows construction of equipment in vendor's plant and conforms to the Engineering Change Order system Assists in the training of plant operations and maintenance personnel.
- Assures successful implementation of all project objectives by rigorously applying the Project Management processes Adheres to the Total Quality Principles.
Top Required Skills: 3D CAD Design, Mechanical design, familiar with office products. Has used either AutoCAD or Solidworks
Education: Associate degree in either CAD or Mech. Technology or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience but candidates with 4 years engineering degrees will be considered
- Local candidates preferred
- Experience in ducting and piping design
- Solidworks and/or AutoCAD experience
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.