A Research Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Mossville, IL area. The main function of a research engineer is to research and investigate the design, functionality and maintenance of mechanical products, equipment, systems and processes. A typical research engineer has the ability to make engineering drawings, and read and interpret blueprints.
location: Mossville, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 30 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Test/Validate sealing components to meet application requirements and manage the development of new products
- Collaborate with suppliers to resolve issues that might arise with their parts
- Create and deliver technical reports
- Research and develop new sealing technology
- Perform product and process maintenance
Typical Day: Working in a test lab, performing seal validation activities.
Education Requirement: BS Engineering or Technology
Technical Skills Required:
- Proficiency in Pro/Engineer or Creo
- strong mechanical aptitude (hands on experience)
- strong problem-solving skills
Soft Skills Required: Ability to prepare technical documents and communicate/present information to peers and customers.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.