A Structural Design Tech is needed for an engineering consulting company in the Hillsboro, OR area. Our Structural Designers determine how to best convey structural requirements to the construction team through traditional 2D paper deliverables and/or BIM 3D Revit models. As a Tool Install Structural Design Site Coordinator, you will be part of a fast-paced team focused on providing the structural requirements for installing tools used to manufacture semiconductor wafers, including designing pedestals, equipment anchorage, and utility supports. Working with other engineers and designers of our multi-discipline team, you'll convey field conditions to the design team utilizing notes, sketches and marked-up drawings. You may periodically attend review meetings with clients and construction trade partners, taking notes and reporting back to the design teams.
location: Hillsboro, Oregon
job type: Contract
salary: $25.00 - 39.29 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
education: High School
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
- Primary job responsibility is to perform field walks on client site.
- Create easy to read field notes, detailed sketches or redlined design drawings of existing field conditions.
- Coordinate field documentation with related disciplines to support design development, resolve problems and avoid clashes.
- Highly focused on quality, checking your own work to ensure conformance with established discipline standards, project standards, and project delivery processes.
- Take complete ownership of their portion of the scope, reliably working to meet schedule, budget, and quality requirements.
- Highly proficient in checking own work and coordinating work with related disciplines to avoid clashes.
- Proactive in advancing workflows, systems, and tools within their own discipline, including design automation skills. Embraces emerging technologies.
- Able to perform field walks. Though not common, this may include climbing ladders, crawling under raised access floors, or walking/standing for extended periods of time.
- Performing field observations and taking detailed notes.
- This position will primarily be based on the client site.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of drafting/design experience in the Structural engineering field.
- Minimum of 1 year of AutoCAD design experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- strong interpersonal skills.
- Associates Degree in Computer Aided Drafting or equivalent.
- Experience with traditional steel and concrete structures.
- Experience in semi-conductor industrial or general industrial facilities.
- Experience in general construction.
- Experience with Navisworks and Bluebeam.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: High School
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.