International auto parts maker seeks an EHS SPECIALIST for its manufacturing operations in TUSCALOOSA, AL. The EHS SPECIALIST maintains safety compliance throughout the facility through program development, training, auditing and driving continuous improvement. Up to $70k / Relo assistahce available.
IMMEDIATE OPPORTUNITY WITH A WORLD CLASS ORGANIZATION!
location: TUSCALOOSA, Alabama
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Identifies and monitors actual or potential hazards in accordance with prescribed procedures at the work place, ensuring compliance with company and regulatory requirements.
- Serves as back-up liaison to outside organizations such as fire departments, rescue teams, and government agencies in the event a manager or specialist is unavailable.
- Works as an interface between departments to evaluate operations, provide technical guidance, assess training needs, and conducts training as required.
- Compile data for OSHA compliance to include all written programs, reporting, contractor compliance, plan documentation, training and safety records including required Key Process Indicators.
- Assist Workers Compensation related issues, tracking and reporting including doctor visits and follow up.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
- Health, Safety, and Envir.
- EPA Regulations
- OSHA Regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.