Our client is seeking a Chief Engineer of their hotel on the beach in St. Augustine, FL to permanently join their team.
- This candidate will manage the day-to-day and long term operations of the maintenance department including the upkeep of all guestrooms, building exterior (façade, sidewalks, parking lot, etc.) and both public and back-of-house spaces.
- Assure regular maintenance is scheduled and completed on all hotel equipment including HVAC systems (chillers, boilers, steam/gas lines, etc.), electrical equipment, laundry facilities and the pool equipment.
- Create and/or implement a comprehensive preventative maintenance program with the goal of assuring a perfect guestroom condition for every guest.
- They take personal responsibility and pride in their product where initiative and follow-up are innate.
- Supervise completion of any capital improvement projects scheduled. Respond to all front desk and refresh maintenance requests throughout the day.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $40,000 - 50,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Conduct regularly scheduled property walks to assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the hotel's facilities including all mechanical, electrical, and HVAC related systems and equipment
- Order and inventory all necessary supplies and equipment for the department
- Assign/complete all routine maintenance on public space, meeting room, outlets, back of the house space and grounds
- Assign/complete all repairs, replacement, and renovation projects to offices and employee work areas
- Speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace
- Read and write to facilitate the communication process
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Must have thorough knowledge of all types of mechanical equipment such as chillers, boilers, water softeners, and refrigeration equipment
- Must have thorough knowledge of plumbing and electrical systems, maintenance of records of power, water and fuel consumption
- Must have experience in office procedures, ordering materials, securing bids, city codes and other applicable building laws, building construction, blueprint reading, etc
- Basic computational ability
- Basic computer skills
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a non-temperature controlled environment
- manual lifting up to 50lbs
- standing for 3 hours at one time
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: High School (required)
- Maintenance (2 years of experience is required)
- Supervisor (1 year of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.