A Quality Engineer is needed for a world leading manufacturer of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives in the Pontiac, IL area. The main function of a quality engineer is to research and test the design, functionality and maintenance of products, equipment, systems and processes and develop quality standards. A typical quality engineer has the ability to read and interpret blueprints, and evaluate product integrity and standards.
location: Pontiac, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $28.00 - 31.50 per hour
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering, Logistics and Operations.
- Supporting production on shop floor (50% of time on shop floor, 50% in office environment, depending on quality issue).
- Working with lean business team to identify quality issues/root cause corrective action.
- Reviewing and analyzing data, preparing for team meetings, will present to the team areas of opportunity.
- Candidate will be required to be on-site starting day one.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering.
- 2-4 years of experience required (hands on experience is preferred over internship experience).
Technical Skills Required:
- Problem Solving
- Lean Manufacturing
- Quality Engineering
- 8D / CAR response
- ISO 9001:2015 Knowledge
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
Soft Skills Required:
- Team work
- Problem Solving
- Time Management
- Experience level: Experienced
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.