Our Client in the Wolcott, CT area is looking to add a Manufacturing Engineer to their team for a permanent opportunity. The candidate will be responsible for providing hands on engineering support to the manufacturing floor. If interested in learning more please apply below for immediate consideration. Thank you!
location: Watertown, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Provides direct support to facilities, manufacturing equipment, production processes, maintenance and safety; provides production support 50% of time.
- Designs, develops, tests, sources, cost justifies, and installs various tools, modifications, fixturing, machinery and equipment for production to increase safety, throughput, quality, capacity, and reliability. Manage the completion of those projects from conception through evaluation, justification, purchase, and implementation.
- Works with, schedules, manages, and supervises outside contractors, (electrical, mechanical, PLC programming, construction, plumbing, HVAC, building, etc...), to resolve material and/or equipment problems and to research & implement upgrades, new tools and operating procedures.
- Works with Operators, Supervisors, Maintenance and QA department to improve processes and troubleshoot equipment repair, and maintenance.
- Responsible for accuracy of equipment and tooling.
- Skills in, cost analysis, PFMEA, technical writing, blueprint reading, statistical analysis, and process control.
Education and Experience
- BS in an Engineering discipline with 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Knowledge of proven manufacturing processes, such as, machining, secondary operations, broaching, piercing, & precision assembly
- Demonstrated understanding of process capabilities, materials and requirements as well as the business awareness to bring a project from quoting stage through to production
- Broad-base knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, including 5s, Kaizen, Kanban, Poke-a-Yoke, Process Mapping & Value Stream Mapping, other tools & Techniques
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.