Our client has an immediate need for a long term contract to work with their team as an Metrology Equipment Technician within the Semiconductor industry. If you are interested in learning more about this job, please reach out to us at your earliest convenience and one of our recruiters will be in touch as soon as possible.
location: Austin, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $31 - 35 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
Equipment Technician opportunity is in a high-volume semiconductor wafer manufacturing environment. The position requires responsibility for the maintenance, troubleshooting, repair, and productivity of equipment including but not limited to: KLA-Tencor (213x tools, AIT2, ASET-F5X, FLX-400, SP1, Surfscan 6100, UV-1xxx), Optiprobe, AMAT SEMvision, TEL P-8XL prober, HP and Agilent tester, Microvision, Brooks Sorters.
Therefore, prior experience with these toolsets is a must. Primary Job Duties:
- Advanced electronics, equipment troubleshooting, installation, repair, and operation of Semiconductor manufacturing technology
- Must be able to read and understand schematics and complex drawings/diagrams
- Must be physically capable of standing for long periods of time (up to 12 hours) as well as lifting and carrying objects up to 50 pounds
- Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills and be comfortable presenting issues and solutions
- Ability to multitask and work well in a diverse multi-cultural team environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and adjust to rapidly changing priorities
- Provide innovative, real time response, and solutions to operational issues to meet manufacturing requirements while maintaining the highest level of quality
- Utilize logical and objective data analysis to establish and track metrics to meet department goals
- Participate on task force teams across departments and divisions
- Successfully plan, execute, analyze, and deliver projects per schedule on-time
- strong data analysis, troubleshooting, teamwork, and communication skills
- strong mastery of SPC and FDC in troubleshooting and driving improvements
- Aptitude and desire to learn new skills
- Must be self-motivated and produce results in a timely manner
- Six Sigma certification and/or use of LEAN improvement tools
- Requires 4+ years of equipment maintenance experience in a 200mm/300mm high volume manufacturing environment
- Requires 4+ years of experience, specifically on Metrology Tools
- Associate's degree in electronics is preferred but not required.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 4 years of experience
- Education: Associates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.