Our client, a large water utility, is searching for a Civil CAD Technician who will prepare design plans for the construction of water system improvements utilizing AutoCAD. Projects include, but are not limited to, water supply, distribution pipelines, wells, booster pump stations, treatment, and reservoir projects. Ready to hire, please apply!
location: Torrance, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $78,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Prepares design plans for the construction of water system improvements utilizing AutoCAD. Projects include, but are not limited to, water supply, distribution pipelines, wells, booster pump stations, treatment, and reservoir projects.
- Responsible for ensuring that all plans use good design judgement and are in accordance with Specifications, Standard Drawings, Drafting Standards, and Approved Material List.
- Prepares as-built record drawings of completed projects.
- Pursue ongoing education in the water industry and software technologies.
- Independently design and layout a complete pipeline project per specifications, applicable agency design guidelines, and local codes using AutoCAD for review by an Engineer.
- Must be able to work on multiple projects at the same time.
- Develop and maintains the CAD Standards Manual, the AutoCAD Block Library, and the GSWC standard tool palettes.
- Trains lower level CAD Technicians and collaborates with entry-level engineers, as needed.
- Provides first level of troubleshooting Autodesk related software issues.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: High School
- Civil CAD Technician (5 years of experience is preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.