Structural Design Engineer located near Sunset Hills, MO (St. Louis southern metro) for a leading supplier of the energy and power generation industry. This role is responsible to perform spec reviews and design calculations specific to structural/civil scope. To be considered - candidates must have B.S. Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering. Candidates must have Structural Engineering background (could be buildings, bridges, etc.) and experience working with steel design. This is a direct hire opportunity to join a growing company. Relocation/moving assistance is available. APPLY NOW!
- B.S. Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Must have Structural Engineering background (could be buildings, bridges, etc.)
- Experience with STAAD or similar structural analysis software
- Understanding of ASCE-7/IBC
- Experience with AISC 360 for structural steel design
- Ability to read and understand drawings for structures and other systems
location: Saint Louis, Missouri
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Perform design functions specific to the structural/mechanical engineering scope for a Steam Generator
- Completes all relevant design calculations for development of final drawings for the fabrication and supply of structural/mechanical components
- Read and understand drawings for structures and other systems
- Reviews final drawings representing the designs generated.
- Works with customers and other departments for communication of needs, clarification and justification of designs and follow-up information.
- Resolves customer questions, supplier/fabricator requests for changes and scope modifications
- Experience level: Entry Level
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.