Fortune 250 leading manufacturer is seeking a Supply Chain Manager to join their team in Haverhill, MA. Salary depends on experience and ranges from $85k-$110k base salary. Great benefits and bonus also included! Candidates must have a degree, management and supply chain experience.
location: Haverhill, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $85,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
- Manages the activities of the Division's purchases of raw materials, supplies, equipment or services. Identifies raw material requirements from production specifications, operational schedules and engineering quality requirements.
- Determines the most cost efficient and reliable materials needed for the manufacturing process.
- Establishes preferred supplier selection criteria based on supplier evaluations of price, quality, delivery, certifications, and compliance with governmental procurement regulations.
- Promotes and uses strategic suppliers. Interviews, selects and negotiates with suppliers in response to material requirements/cost issues. Establishes procedures to leverage the company's position.
- Ensures purchasing strategy reflects the consistent utilization of local suppliers vs. Group strategic suppliers.
- Works with suppliers to develop and manage continuous improvement programs, addressing quality, delivery, service as well as price. Develops standard/automated re-order procedures.
- Will develop crisis management and supplier backup contingency programs.
- Develops and benchmarks best practices among the Divisions suppliers and maintain accurate measurements and records for evaluation of suppliers.
- Ensures purchases and capital expenditures are consistent with Division strategies and within department budgets. Responsible for integrating the Division with electronic interfacing throughout the purchasing function. Assist with supplier negotiations on new procurements or changes to existing purchase orders
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Supply Chain (5 years of experience is required)
- Continuous Improvement (5 years of experience is required)
- Supplier Quality (5 years of experience is required)
- Materials Management (5 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.