Great client is recruiting for an Engineering Team Lead working with a cutting edge extractive metallurgy technology that will revolutionize primary metals production by improving metal quality while decreasing cost and lowering environmental impact. This fast-paced startup company is looking for an Engineering Lead to head development of new high temperature electrolysis furnaces for the production of tonnage molten metals and alloys.
Duties will include leading a small team of engineers (5-10 direct reports) that are focused on the design and commissioning of new Molten Oxide Electrolysis (MOE) cells. This person will report to the VP of Engineering and will be a technical contributor as well as holding responsibilities for program development tasks, priorities, and project schedules.
Great Benefits! Relocation supported - APPLY TODAY!!!
location: Woburn, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 170,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
· Leadership of inter-disciplinary product design projects, including managing small technical teams
· Ability to communicate design concepts and detailed technical solutions to a broad range of stakeholders during design reviews and interim updates
· 7+ years in design, commissioning or remanufacture of industrial equipment
· Machine design accounting for heat transfer and high temperature processes
· Ability to guide the use of engineering analysis tools (FEA and CFD) during product development
· Proficient structural and thermal FEA
· 3D CAD (Solidworks preferred) with an appreciation of adherence to CAD workflows and processes
· BS or higher from accredited university or college in a relevant field, e.g. Mechanical Engineering Nice to have:
· Molten metal experience - Tapping and/or casting
· Refractory materials use and/or development
· High current electricity - Arc heating/melting or electrolysis cells
· Materials or Metallurgical Research
· Experience with high-temperature processes >1000°C Additional Information:
You will be working in a small team environment where teamwork and good relationships with other team members is critical. Many of our staff members are required to wear Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) and you should be prepared to do so as well when necessary.
We offer a full benefits package including health, dental, vision, health savings account, life and disability insurance, paid vacations and holidays, and a 401k with company matching provision.
We are currently working both remotely and in-person as needed to maintain and adhere to COVID-19 guidelines. You must have the ability to manage your time and resources appropriately.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 8 years of experience
- Education: Masters
- Industrial Equipment (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Mechanical (7 years of experience is required)
- Finite Element Analysis - FEA (5 years of experience is required)
- Computational Fluid Dynamics (5 years of experience is required)
- Leadership (2 years of experience is required)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.