Buyer at a highly regarded Electrical manufacturing facility located near Troy, IL. This position is responsible to manage assigned commodities and ensure availability of materials to meet production schedules. To be considered - B.S. Degree and at least two (2) years of experience purchasing electronics/metals in a manufacturing environment. This is a direct hire opportunity with the option for relocation assistance for regional based candidates.
- Bachelors Degree (Technical degree is preferred)
- Must have experience purchasing electronics/metals (preferably items on a printed circuit board) within a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in MRP systems and buying of parts through and MRP system
- Proficient in reading and interpreting technical drawings
location: Troy, Illinois
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Review assigned commodities for material budget
- Recommend and maintain supplier relationships to meet corporate objectives.
- Negotiate contracts to meet corporate objectives.
- Manage supply base to meet corporate objectives to minimize risk, reduce cost, and eliminate waste
- Maintain database to ensure data is correct for components and supplier information.
- Ensure availability of materials to meet production schedules
- Coordinate and negotiate all issues related to supplier quality, delivery, cost, turns, and multiple sourcing.
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 2 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Purchasing / Procurement
- Supply Chain
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.