Well established and stable utility organization is seeking an experienced Purchasing / Buyer Specialist with 5+ years proven RFx experience for a long term contract role in San Antonio. Candidate will help drive the timely and cost conscious procurement of both goods and services, with a focus on commodities.
location: SAN ANTONIO, Texas
job type: Contract
salary: $36 - 42 per hour
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- The Procurement Agent will develop contracts, statements of work and negotiate the procurement of goods and services, with a focus on primarily commodities.
- Apply strategic sourcing methods to help drive cost savings and ensure consistent supply
- Manage the supplier relationship to help manage inventory and pay cycle.
- Help internal customers with contract management and measure of vendor performance
- Proven capabilities with the entire RFx process including bid, information, proposal, quotation, and tender requests
- Solid MS Office skills
- BS degree a plus, CSCP, ISM or other procurement certifications a plus
- Knowledge of SAP modules and reporting
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: High School
- Purchasing / Procurement
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.