Direct Hire- Drafting/Detailing Manager is needed for a client in the Des Moines, IA area. Leading a team of about 10 drafters. Supreme work culture, tons of room for internal growth, competitive salary, relocation assistance for qualified candidates, tuition scholarship programs and solid benefits/401 K and stock options.
location: Des Moines, Iowa
job type: Permanent
salary: $65,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 4pm
education: High School
- Demonstrate leadership consistent with client's vision and values.
- Assign all drafting work for (the location) to an appropriate drafter so that drafting can be done efficiently and in accordance with customers' delivery needs.
- Oversee the productivity and work quality of the detailers to ensure efficiency, accuracy and quality of presentation.
- Manage the assignment of drafting to outside vendors so that high quality purchased detailing is obtained at fair rates.
- Manage the contacts between drafters and customers' offices or job sites so that accurate information regarding delivery requirements is always at hand and so that problems can be resolved or avoided.
- Review all extras and changes to contracts being detailed in house or by outside vendors; coordinate with sales personnel so that customers are properly advised and billed in accordance with such changes.
- Review all customer back-charges on contracts detailed in house or by outside vendors; coordinate with sales personnel so that fair and reasonable settlements can be negotiated and so that similar problems do not repeat.
- Review and approve all invoices from vendors as required.
- Manage the performance appraisal process and recommend appropriate salary adjustments as needed for all drafting personnel.
- Manage the recruitment, hiring, orientation and training of new detailer employees and support personnel.
- Keep apprised of any technological developments in detailing methodology and equipment, and make appropriate recommendations to management can detail as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Produce reports as requested by management.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of CRSI and the Manual of Standard Practice.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Branch Manager
The essential functions of this role include:
- working in a smoke free environment
- working up to 6 hrs of overtime per week
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: High School (required)
- CAD (5 years of experience is required)
- Manager (3 years of experience is preferred)
- Construction (5 years of experience is preferred)
- CAD Supervisor (5 years of experience is required)
- Structural Drafting (5 years of experience is preferred)
- Project Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.